Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Salmon on the... roasting pan

The Holy Grill is out of commish while my landlord investigates a bum outlet on my balcony. But does this stop a little salmon action? NEVER!

The damages

Sheet tray (foil-lined, so minimal clean up)
Wide spatula

The ingredients

Whole salmon, fresh, skin on, fileted ($20 at CostCo!)
2 lemons, halved along the equator
Old Bay
Olive oil
Sea salt

Preheat your oven to 300f. Rinse the salmon and pat it dry with paper towels. Lay it skin-side-down on the sheet tray and drizzle lightly with olive oil. Set the halved lemons on the sheet tray. Sprinkle Old Bay and a dash of salt over the salmon until it looks about like this:




Cover the salmon tightly with a couple layers of foil, making certain the tray is sealed tight. Place it on the middle rack of your oven and set a timer for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, do some other stuff.

When the alarm sounds, carefully remove the tray from your oven and check the salmon for doneness. If necessary replace the salmon in the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until the fish is no longer translucent.




Slice into 6-ounce portions (the size of a deck of cards) and serve with leftover rice and steamed asparagus.




Serves a crowd (6+ hearty servings)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Home

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Does it only pair well with leftover rice, or would fresh rice do just as well? I'm gonna make this for my date tomorrow night. :) I'm a vegetarian, but the only "meat" I miss is salmon, so I figured that's what I'd cook for him so I can live vicariously. Wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete