Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tipsy in the Kitchen Vol. 1

I have LOTS of tips to share with you, so although this post doesn't include recipes, I hope you still find value in what I'm sharing.

the music and shoes
Talking Heads and gray low-top Chuck Taylors

the ingredients
gardening gloves (more details to follow)
cleaning supplies of your choice
paper towels or a rag

the preparation
I like my (homemade) manicure to last me a week (that's a whole other post), but I find that chores do a number on my nails. In the winter, even light cleaning duties dry out my skin.

Last weekend I tried using rubber gloves (which I ALWAYS wear when doing dishes), but even with a dash of baby powder inside the gloves, my hands got sweaty. Ladylike, I know. But Tyson (my Dyson) and I GET DOWN on the weekends. Leave no cushion unturned.

Sweaty, miserable hands won't do. I've done my share of camping: breathability is key to happiness. The perfect solution to my problem?

Gardening gloves. They're made of a breathable, stretchy mesh with the fingers and palms coated in durable rubber.

SERVES dusting, vacuuming, windows, pet grooming, and other above-water activities that help you KEEP A HEALTHY HOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment